Monday, September 20, 2010

Training for Class C and D Airspaces

Today, Jim conducted ground school training for airspace C & D endorsement for my Sport Pilot privileges. I Prepared the flight plan and Radio communications procedures for KFAY (Fayetteville Airport - Class C) from KTTA with Jim. I then preflighted the plane Allegro 200 LSA. The winds were from 040 at 4 knots. I tookoff with Jim from RWY 3. After the climb, I made a right crosswind and piloted the LSA towards FAY at a magnetic course of 170 degrees. We then listened to KFAY ATIS and obtained information Quebec.



I contacted FAY Approach 10 miles south of Sanford, NC. FAY Approach advised 'ALLEGRO - keep clear off FAY class C airspace’ being unable hear our communications clearly. Jim asked me to turn the plane to KTTA. I made a 180 turn and headed towards KTTA. Seven miles south of Raleigh-Exec Airport (KTTA) I announced my position and intention to land at KTTA. A Bonanza also made a call approaching KTTA from 10 miles N. Jim asked me to perform a short approach after crossing the runway midfield to take position before the Bonanza. Abeam the no. 3, I put flaps at 2 with an airspeed of 70 MPH. I turned base and final approach legs at 65 MPH and landed at RWY 3. Within minutes the Bonanza also landed at RWY 3. I taxied to FBO. Jim is going to test the radios with the avionics technician tomorrow and will contact me to schedule my next flight training class.

No comments:

Post a Comment