Saturday, September 11, 2010

Practice Review of Flight Maneuvers

I preflighted the airplane and taxied to RWY 3 with my instructor Jim. I performed a normal takeoff with flap 1 and headed towards the flight practice area. At 2,500 ft AGL, I made clearing turns and steep turns to the right and left to a circle. Jim performed a steep right turn to circle to allow me to see precise control of airspeed and altitude. I practiced the maneuver again.

Horizon - view from 2,500 ft above Pittsboro, NC

Jim demonstrated power-on stall and recovery and power-off stall and recovery with flaps 2. I performed the maneuvers maintaining the heading and gaining the original altitude. I then descended the plane to 1,500 ft and performed S-turns above a state road. Along the way to KTTA, I performed turns around a point maneuver using a small pond as ground reference. Maintaining the altitude of 1,500 ft and an airspeed of 90 mph, I entered the midpoint for downwind for RWY 3. I reduced the airspeed to 70 mph abeam no.3 and put flaps at 2. Turning the base and final legs in the traffic pattern, I touched down with a little float just beyond the first taxiway exit. Taxied back to FBO.

No comments:

Post a Comment