Thursday, September 9, 2010

Solo Flight Maneuvers Practice

I preflighted the Allegro 2000 LSA at 10.00 AM today and started the engine as a cold-start (applying full-choke with ignition switches off for 3 seconds and then choke off and restart with ignition switches on). After the checklist, I taxied to RWY 3 following a Cessna 172. I departed with flaps at 15 degrees and with crosswind corrections for winds from 330 at 5 knots. After the climb and left crosswind, I piloted the airplane near the 3M plant at Pittsboro, about 10 miles NW of KTTA.

At an altitude of 2,500 ft AGL, I made clearing turns and steep turns to a circle with the distant water tower as the reference. I then piloted the plane at slow speed (55 mph) at flaps 2 towards the water tower. I made shallow turns to left and right. I then performed a power-off stall and recovery. Gaining an airspeed of 90 mph, I descended to 1600 ft and practiced circle around a point maneuver with a small pond as the ground reference.





I entered the downwind leg at midpoint for RWY 3 at 1250 ft and reduced the airspeed to 70 mph abeam the number 3. I switched the flaps at 2 and maintained an airspeed of 65 mph for the base and final legs. I then performed a short-field landing with crosswinds and touched down before the first taxiway exit at 1300 ft. I then taxied back to RWY 3 and performed a soft-field takeoff gaining airspeed by ground effect after the liftoff at 50 mph. I then executed a traffic pattern with an approach speed of 62 mph at flaps 2 for a soft-field landing. I then taxied back to the FBO.

No comments:

Post a Comment