Tuesday, September 14, 2010

KTTA - KBUY - KTTA Flight

At 10.30 AM today, I preflighted the Allegro 2000 LSA in preparation for my Sport Pilot Certificate Checkride. My flight instructor, Jim Schmidt also accompanied me for the trip from KTTA (Raleigh-Exec Airport) to KBUY (Burlington-Alamance Regional Airport) from where I took the checkride with DPE Zenda Liess.

The weather at both KTTA and KBUY were sunny with great visibility. But, it was windy with good crosswinds at both the airports. Both of my landings at KBUY, arriving from KTTA and the simulated engine-out landing (power idle) with the DPE required crosswind corrections. After passing the checkride and obtaining my temporary sport pilot airman certificate from the DPE, I took-off with Jim to KTTA. We cruised at 3,000 ft with a ground speed of 104 MPH. The winds have changed direction since my takeoff from KTTA in the morning from RWY 3 and now they favored RWY 21. I performed a crosswind landing and taxied to the FBO.

With my newly obtained 'license to learn', my next lesson with my instructor is to get proficient for an endorsement for class C and D airspaces.

No comments:

Post a Comment