Thursday, September 9, 2010

Flight Training - PTS Maneuvers

I practiced Sport Pilot flight maneuvers with my instructor, Jim Schmidt, on 08/27/10 and on 09/01/10. The aim of the flight training was to perfect my flight maneuvers to the sport pilot PTS standards. I performed the following maneuvers under Jim's supervision and with his insights for improvement.

(1) Takeoff with flaps 1 - soft field and short-field

(2) Steep turns of 45 degrees at 2,500 AGL - right and left

(3) Slow flight with flaps 2 at IAS of 50 mph for an assigned heading and shallow turns to left and right

(4) Power-off stall and recovery with flaps 2 and assigned heading

(5) Power-on stall and recovery with flap 0 and assigned heading

(6) Simulated emergency landing procedures from 1600 ft

(7) S-turns and circle around a point at 1,400 ft

(8) Landings with flaps 2 - soft and short field

Jim briefed me on my flight training and provided inputs for my solo flights to practice flight maneuvers.

No comments:

Post a Comment