Friday, October 8, 2010

Flight Trip: Solo Flight Crossing the Jordan Lake

Today, I made a solo flight trip in the local area surrounding the Raleigh-Exec Airport in Sanford, NC. The weather was mild with a 70 F temperature and a 3 knots wind from 300 degrees. It was sunny at 3.00 PM and after a preflight of the Allegro 2000 LSA, I taxied to RWY 3. I tookoff behind a Piper Arrow with flaps at 15 degrees. I climbed at Vy=70 MPH and retracted the flaps at 200 ft. After the left crosswind leg, I flew towards the city of Pittsboro, NC at an altitude of 3,400 ft.




Turning to the right, I piloted the plane towards the Jordan Lake. Unlike the last trip, the view was excellent with no clouds or haze in the afternoon Sun. I crossed the Jordan Lake and saw a few boats below. I then made a steep turn to the left at 90 MPH and headed towards the KTTA.



I entered the downwind for RWY 3 at 80 MPH midpoint at 45 degrees. I saw a plane flying to the south and clear of the traffic, I turned the base leg with flaps 2 and an airspeed of 65 MPH. I was a little high on the final and landed the plane after a short flare. I taxied to he FBO. Today's trip was a beautiful flight crossing the Jordan Lake and gaining some flight practice as a new sport pilot...

No comments:

Post a Comment