Saturday, December 19, 2009

Discovery Flight and Sport Pilot Training in a Light Sport Aircraft



On July 30, 2009, I had my first sport aircraft flying experience in the Allegro 2000 LSA (80 HP; Cruise Speed: 120 MPH, Vso= 44 MPH) from the B Bar D Aviation Fixed Base Operator (FBO) located at the Raleigh Exec Airport (KTTA), Sanford, NC.

Jim Schmidt, CFI, a Flight Instructor with the FBO gave me the Discovery flight. The 40 minute flight was an adventue and rekindled my life-long desire to become a Pilot ! I asked Doug Hempstead, the owner of the FBO about the procedure to start my flying lessons and made an appointment for my first flight lesson for the Sport Pilot Training...
I applied for and got the FAA Student Pilot certificate on August 08, 2009. I took and passed the FAA Sport Pilot Knowledge test on September 16, 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment